Dans le cadre du projet européen Horizon 2020 NoVaMigra, “Norms and Values in the European Migration and Refugee Crisis”, l’Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne recrute au sein de l’Institut des sciences juridique et philosophique de la Sorbonne (UMR 8103) une chercheuse ou un chercheur postdoctoral.e en philosophie politique et/ ou en théorie politique à partir du 1er septembre 2018 pour une durée d’un an.
Voir ci-dessous et en pièce jointe l’annonce de poste.
Les personnes intéressées enverront leur dossier d’ici le 20 juin 2018.
One-year post-doctoral position
The institution: Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University
The laboratory: UMR 8103 – ISJPS : Institut des Sciences Juridique et Philosophique de la Sorbonne
A post-doctoral position in philosophy and political theory.
Duration : September 1st, 2018 – August 31st, 2019
The postdoctoral fellow will work within the project Norms and Values in the European Migration and Refugee Crisis (NoVaMigra), funded by the European Union’s Research and Innovation Programme Horizon 2020.
With a combination of social scientific analysis, as well as legal and philosophical normative reconstruction and theory, NoVaMigra has three main objectives :
– to provide a precise and comprehensive understanding of core values and norms in Europe ;
– explain how they motivate political, administrative and societal agents with regard to migration and the integration of migrants and refugees into European societies,
– and consider, if and why, this has changed with and since the refugee crisis 2015.
This will lead to better normative and efficiency assessments of migration/integration policies and measures, and to a clearer grasp of reasons for their endorsement or resistance to them.
For more information : http://novamigra.eu/
Keywords : Global and transnational governance, international law, human rights, Migration, EU charter of fundamental rights, Human rights.
The postdoctoral fellow will contribute to different workpackages. She /he shall
– provide a philosophical and legal understanding of the content of the EU Charter ;
– analyse the emergence of populist discourses in the French political scene since the Refugee Crisis ;
– review the theoretical models of cosmopolitanism and assess the European vision(s) of cosmopolitanism.
She / he will participate to NoVaMigra meetings and events when necessary.
Location : Institut des Sciences Juridique et philosophique de la Sorbonne (UMR 8103), Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris.
Contract type : Full time
Start : September 1st, 2018
Monthly salary : 2 900 € gross
– Suitable candidates will have a PhD degree in political philosophy or political theory with a specialization in normative and legal issues.
– A capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team.
– Experience or interest in working on media analysis will be considered as an asset.
– Good skills in written and spoken English and French are expected.
Candidates should send a set of application documents in English or French that will include:
– a CV with a complete list of publications and a summary of the PhD dissertation
– a letter of motivation
– names and contact information of two academic referees.